We sat on my bed, I don't even remember what we were talking about. We were both a little tired, but neither wanted to leave. I think I interrupted you. I must have.You turned to look at me and I just stared. I had nothing to say, really. Then your eyes softened.

I leaned forward and quickly sealed the distance between our lips. Your lips were soft and new. They parted, making a bridge for our tongues. Arms wrapped around each other. Your arm around my waist; my hand at the nape of your neck. I felt myself begin to burn and swell. I pulled back. You were flushed and I knew I must be blushing. Your mouth still a little open, giving you a look of content surprise.

There was a knock on the door and the spell was broken. I dreaded having the moment interupted. I crept to the door and opened it a crack. In the corner of my eye, I saw you retreat to the alcove that is my pantry-slash-closet, but I ignore you for now, the crasher of our party being the pressing issue. It was a friend, requesting that I join him and his group of friends at the apartments. I thanked him but, no, I forcefully told him, as he was inebriated, I had plans.

I was finally able to dispatch the visitor. I turned my back to the door to find you had readied my bottle of wine and two glasses.

Perhaps we could kiss again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #5