Baby, we were born to run

Google and Facebook, and other apps I'm sure, like to remind us of where we were one, two, five, eight, etc years ago. This can bring on a flurry of emotions. Pictures of your pets or kids, awww. Pictures of your ex, grrr. Pictures of a happier you, *crying emoji*

To me, it's amazing how much I've gone through in two years and it helps me realize that I can have the life I want again. Two years is not that long.

(One of my last dates with my exboyfriend. NoDa Brewing Hop Cakes Release Day!)

Two years ago I was still working through my breakup with my ex of about four years. We were still good friends, but it was hard. That part sucked. Two years ago, I was living in Charlotte, and spending several nights a week working out with my friends. That part was amazing.

(Post run-club hangs at Common Market)

In the time since then I've been through a lot. Some great things: made new friends in Charlotte, threw myself into the running community even more, ran some of my fastest non-race times. I've also had a whirlwind of emotions. I threw myself into a new relationship about six weeks after the breakup. The new guy was exciting and joyful, but also a spaz. I am a spaz I can't date another spaz! It became extremely stressful and anxiety inducing after a short period of time. We were also both rebounding so it was an intense three months before I bailed. We're both happier now.

A month after that I was still floundering, feeling directionless. I received a job offer to move to New Hampshire. New England! I've always wanted to move to New England! I jumped at the offer.

I still can't believe that job offer was only a year and a half ago.

The run club I co-founded. One of the things I'm most excited about.

In a couple months, I'll be back with my friends and my run clubs and my bike groups. And I'm going to make new friends, and I'm going to be so grateful for everything Charlotte has to offer.

Also, I know there's a big elephant in the room that I haven't talked about yet. Still working on my post about my relationship with Danny. Some stuff is too personal, you know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog